This is our time to be the best we can be. Humanity needs it. Each of us needs this. It’s what is required of us right now and our best is what heals, transforms and advances us on every level.
We are being asked to live with so much limitation and fear. While I believe God is the one power, is Love, Truth and Life itself, I too am choosing to stay at home. I am washing my hands more than ever and am paying attention to cleanliness and distancing from others. Distancing from my brothers in God! It all seems contradictory and confuses our material existence and God. If I keep it simple, it’s what I feel I am to do and so, I am doing it. Here is my practice:
1) Follow guidelines for safety during this episode.
2) Seek ever more to be with God throughout the day. Pray and be with the thoughts that reflect the love of God; letting go all other thoughts that support sickness and death.
3) When experiencing fear, find and confront the belief running the fear and replace it with thoughts that restore peace.
4) Seek to be guided as to how to be of help. “I’m here only to be truly helpful…” (“A Course in Miracles”).
5) Turn to scripture (Psalm 91); “A Course in Miracles”; Joel Goldstein, Eckhart Tolle; Christian Science teachings and testimonials; Emmet Fox; Charles Fillmore (Unity Church) or Ernest Holmes (Science of Mind). Repeat “The Great Invocation” daily (Ageless Wisdom Teachings) and use what helps.
6) Turn to Deepak Chopra and Quantum Physics where it is has been examined and found, that thought directly affects the body’s cells and determines health or disease. Choose health. Choose loving thoughts.
7) Read, be still, create art, share joy and simply, enjoy
8) Reach out to friends and relatives who live alone--stay in touch as a means to say, “I love you”. Be a positive voice for yourself and others.
9) Expect answers. Expect Miracles. “I am entitled to miracles”.
A miracle is a change in how we think. It is a change in perception that is given to us according to our willingness to live life differently. A miracle is not to be confused with magic. Magic is temporary and has no lasting benefit. This time is rich for receiving miracles.
I’ve recently been in groups where the discussion has been about how we can grow through challenges. My favorite is to ask, “How can I take and use this experience for my personal and spiritual growth? We’re not going through this simply to get to the other side and resume living as before. No Way! Let us be clear about this. Let us not fool ourselves or lie to ourselves. We are collectively coming through this so we can live a greater life, as a result of our choice to be better now. Let’s put our sights on this alone, and be “a light unto the world”.